Hematology and Medical Oncology is a large and growing Department in the Emory School of Medicine, very active in research, education, and (patient) service. The Chair of the Department and the Senior Administrator seek to fill a vacancy: candidates should be versatile, self-motivated, and excellent communicators, able to engage on behalf of leaders in multiple settings and environments. We look forward to welcoming a new member to the team!
- With minimal supervision, provides administrative support for a Chair or Assistant Dean of an academic or basic research unit or for an Assistant Vice President or Assistant Vice Provost (and above).
- Oversees office operations and ensures office activities comply with policies and procedures.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of budgets, grant applications, proposals, status reports and financial statements.
- Develops and maintains spreadsheets.
- Initiates, processes and maintains records and invoices.
- Keeps manager informed of account status, authorizes expenditures and identifies cost effective alternatives.
- Maintains calendar, prepares daily schedule and prioritizes meeting requests for manager(s).
- Ensures manager is appropriately prepared for daily activities.
- Coordinates, attends, prepares materials for and/or takes minutes at meetings and special events.
- Prepares charts and graphs for reports and presentations.
- Reviews incoming correspondence and identifies items of special interest to manager or others.
- Screens items that can be routinely handled and prepares appropriate responses.
- Based on a knowledge of the manager's views, composes, edits and types correspondence, reports and manuscripts under minimal guidance.
- May take dictation or transcribe from a machine.
- Maintains various databases and/or spreadsheets.
- Sets up and organizes filing systems. Answers, screens and routes incoming telephone calls.
- May supervise or direct the work of other administrative clerical/secretarial employees.
- Oversees ordering and maintenance of office supplies and forms.
- May coordinate domestic or foreign travel arrangements.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent, and six years of secretarial or administrative support experience, OR a bachelor's degree and one year of administrative support experience.
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software applications.
- Candidates with experience providing administrative support services to senior leaders/executives in academic and/or healthcare organizations
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines of department of work. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.