The Carter Center is a 501(c)(3), not-for-profit, nongovernmental organization founded in 1982 in Atlanta, GA, by former U.S. President Jimmy Carter and his wife, Rosalynn, in partnership with Emory University. The Center has helped to improve millions of lives in more than 80 countries by waging peace, fighting disease, and building hope. The Carter Center is guided by a fundamental commitment to human rights and the alleviation of human suffering. It seeks to prevent and resolve conflicts, enhance freedom and democracy, and improve health.
The Carter Center collaborates with other organizations, public or private, in carrying out its mission around the world. Current information about the Center’s many programs and activities are available at The Carter Center.
The Carter Center is looking for an innovative, dynamic Digital Content Producer to create original content for distribution on the Center’s various communications channels. The ideal candidate will have strong design and multimedia skills. Primary duties will include working closely with communication colleagues to brainstorm engaging social and digital content ideas; designing graphics for use on our digital channels; supporting the day-to-day operations of digital content creation and distribution; and strategizing with storytelling team on long-term content goals.
FORMAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Primary duties include working closely with The Carter Center communication colleagues to brainstorm engaging social and digital content ideas; designing graphics for use on our digital channels; supporting the day-to-day operations of digital content creation and distribution; and strategizing with storytelling team on long-term content goals.
- Works collaboratively across programs and departments to identify, develop, and produce digital content for social media channels and websites.
- Proactively creates engaging and shareable multimedia projects, including short videos, graphics, slideshows, blogs, social media posts and stories.
- Supervises external vendors and consultants.
- Schedules and coordinates photo/video shoots and interviews.
- Writes and edits video scripts.
- Edits short videos in-house.
- Possesses strong creative skills to design graphics for use on social media and websites.
- May travel to the field to help collect digital content.
- Provides support toward refreshing and uploading content to websites.
- Works to grow the Center's online audiences to increase awareness of our work, core issues, values, and program agenda.
- May maintain reports, budgets, campaign analytics, and other metrics.
- Interacts regularly with Carter Center staff and vendors.
- Must use appropriate discretion and protocol in interactions with all individuals.
- Ensures compliance with all organizational policies and procedures, including child safeguarding.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and practices in graphic design, multimedia content, public relations, social media, and digital communications.
- Identifies educational/training programs, professional organizations, activities, and resources to maintain knowledge of digital trends and to promote leading-edge expertise.
- Performs related responsibilities as needed.
- A bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Design, or related field, and three years of experience producing web and social media content, OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Adept at packaging words, images, videos, and photographs using Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, non-linear digital editing tools, or similar software.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a quality standard consistent with organization goals.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Video production, including shooting and editing experience.
- Knowledge of website content management systems and social media tools and platforms.
- Experience traveling to developing countries.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment; able to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of industry best-practices, including content delivery standards and usability.
- Experience with strategic web and social media planning, analysis, and review.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to The Carter Center on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines. The Carter Center reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.