The Systems Software Engineer is an application developer role in Emory University’s Office of Information Technology (OIT) that provides leadership in delivering the highest quality applications and services on the Salesforce platform for our School of Medicine business partners. This position works with the Director of Application Development and API Services, the School of Medicine’s Director of IT, peer development managers, and direct reports and requires a solid technical background. The Salesforce platform is used across the university and School of Medicine to support critical research administration processes, investigator-led and program-wide research endeavors, and other core functions for Emory University.
- As part of a team, develops different components of a software project, implements unit and integration tests for these components, and creates technical documentation for users and developers.
- Projects and applications may include Web and Grid services oriented systems; portal environments; client-server based applications; applications that manage, integrate, and analyze large scale databases; applications and middleware infrastructure that provide federated, secure access to multiple applications and databases; knowledge management and integration systems; and systems for high performance databases and analysis applications.
- Designs and implements interoperable middleware components, data models, and interfaces for integration of multiple software systems, applications, and databases.
- Develops and integrates software for secure and controlled access to application components and databases.
- Designs and implements graphical user interfaces for components of a software system and for applications.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Serve as a primary system administrator for multiple Salesforce orgs & environments
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Manage Salesforce data feeds and other integrations
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests
- Work with our institutional management team to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities
- Assist in training of new users, and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors and the application development teams
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and document development requirements
- Perform fit-gap analysis between Salesforce functionality and client requirements
- Translate business requirements into Salesforce solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platforms and products
- Provide detailed level of effort estimates for proposed Salesforce solutions
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and one year of software engineering or related experience.
- A master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred. Strong programming skills in Java, C++, object oriented-design, XML, SQL and database development.
- Experience with web services, grid technologies, distributed computing strongly preferred.
- Experience with software engineering best practices such as requirements gathering, version control, automated testing, and configuration management is desirable.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- A minimum of 2 years of Salesforce Administrator experience
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform and products (Sales, Service, Marketing Clouds)
- Active Salesforce certifications (Admin required, advanced admin preferred, Platform App Builder a plus)
- Salesforce Administrator experience:
- Administration of users and role hierarchy
- Defining and managing security model and controls
- Configuring page layouts, workflows, validation rules, record types
- Experience with Process Builder and Flow
- Creating and maintaining reports and dashboards
- Managing multiple sandbox environments
- Experience working on different projects simultaneously, and capable of cultivating collaboration
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills with a proven ability interacting with all levels of management, stakeholders, support personnel, and customers.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines of department of work. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.