The Pathways Center helps Emory students and alumni reach their full potential through integrated career services, undergraduate research, national scholarships and fellowships, pre-health advising, and experiential learning. Our division includes a total of 35 team members, 7 of which make up the Pathways leadership team. The Pathways Center serves as a national model for higher education in seamlessly preparing students and connecting them to resources.
- Coordinates major financial reporting and budgeting activities.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and reporting requirements.
- Coordinates the correction of account balances, resolves funding issues, and maintains proper accounting controls and procedures.
- Makes recommendations to management related to long-range financial and cash flow analyses.
- Prepares and analyzes statistical and financial reports, financial statements, and supporting schedules.
- May assist in preparing, developing, and monitoring department/organizational budgets.
- May maintain grant agreements, policies and guidelines; coordinate grant reporting requirements; review grant funding source compliance; and negotiate grant funding with awarding agencies.
- May perform indirect cost analysis.
- May hire, train, and supervise a small staff.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
- Manages disbursement and oversight of student stipends which includes tracking, payment initiation and budget reconciliation.
- Works closely with Pathways leadership team to ensure appropriate funding sources utilized to appropriately support unit initiatives.
- May include forecasting and budget analysis.
- Specific recurring duties include processing reimbursements, check requests, generating reports, journal entries, wire transfers and corporate card reconciliation.
- Supports development and administration of accounting policies, quality assurance, and expense reporting procedures.
- Serves as the departmental approver for transactions posted to operating account with dotted line oversight of all unit budgets.
- Assists Emory Internal Audit with periodic reviews of Pathways finances, policies, and procedures.
- Monitors expenditures versus budget for all departmental accounts and prepares various financial reports.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance or a related field and four years of financial analyst or accounting experience, OR equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in budgeting and accounting in higher education setting is a plus.
- Experience working with a variety of constituents and comfortable with simplifying complex financial information.
- Proficient in Excel and able to quickly master new financial software applications.
- Experience with Slate, PeopleSoft (including Compass Financial systems and OPUS) is a plus.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines of department of work. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.