This full-time, temporary position at The Carter Center supports the Communications website team during the redesign of the main website.
This position will have the option for hybrid work one day a week and four week-days will be required on-site. Actual schedule will be determined in coordination with the supervisor.
- Experience with Cascade
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with Photoshop a plus
- Technical acumen and efficiency
- Excellent attention to detail
- A positive "can-do" attitude
POSITION SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in processing and publishing content for website and YouTube channel (press releases, stories, PDFs, program news/updates/reports, videos, and other content)
- Assist in promoting virtual events on social media and website
- Supporting updates to editorial calendar
- Assist in testing new pages and templates
- Identifying and correcting typos and broken links on website
- Running basic analytics reports from Google Analytics
- Processing vendor invoices and contracts
- Other general administrative duties as assigned
- Provides administrative support for one of the following (or a combination): general management, a research environment or a specific program.
- Ensures office activities comply with Emory policies and procedures.
- Responds to incoming telephone calls.
- Maintains calendars and prioritizes meeting requests for management.
- Reviews incoming correspondence and identifies items of special interest to management; handles routine correspondence and prepares appropriate responses.
- May complete forms, grant applications, and/or correspondence associated with programs.
- Prepares charts and graphs for reports and presentations.
- Creates and edits scientific, programmatic or other reports associated with department's primary business.
- Schedules meetings and handles logistics for meetings and special events.
- Prepares materials for meetings and special events.
- Initiates, processes, and maintains records and invoices.
- Keeps management apprised of account status, identifies cost-effective solutions and may authorize expenditures.
- May monitor or maintain budgets and grants, assist with budget development, and prepare related expense reports and reimbursements.
- Plans and coordinates travel arrangements.
- Maintains databases and spreadsheets; may also analyze data and design/generate associated reports.
- Establishes and organizes filing systems. Oversees ordering and maintenance of office supplies.
- May supervise or direct the work of support staff and/or students.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and five years of clerical or secretarial experience, or a bachelor's degree.
- Proficiency with various personal computer software applications.
- Positions in this classification may require keyboarding skills.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines of department of work. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.