DEPARTMENT SUMMARY: The Division of Advancement and Alumni Engagement utilizes resources, technology, and business for the purpose of soliciting alumni, donor engagement, donor research, and stewardship throughout Emory University and Health Systems. Our mission is to inspire and steward meaningful, lasting relationships that elevate engagement and giving to fulfill Emory’s mission to serve humanity. The Pipeline Optimization team supports the Advancement and Alumni Engagement division by identifying major funders for university initiatives, providing research and preparing leadership briefings, overseeing portfolio management, and proposal management. This position will report to the Executive Director of Pipeline Optimization.
- Develops and writes strategic briefings to prepare the president, provost, and other University leadership for principal gift level meetings and stewardship events.
- Collaboratively partners across the University to develop and implement a Leadership Briefing process that will meet the needs of Executive management.
- Writes, reviews, and revises briefing content for presidential and leadership meetings, events, and other activities, including strategic objectives, discussion points, background, and special considerations, in consultation with relationship managers and other colleagues and relevant parties.
- Performs high level, in-depth research and wealth analysis on international prospects and donors for the purposes of ratings, working with confidential as well as publicly accessible information, with a view to assessing donor interest and viability.
- Uses in-house and external resources to identify and qualify new prospects.
- Interprets biographical and complex financial information on individuals, corporations and foundations based on fundraising strategies and objectives.
- Analyzes complex financial disclosure documents, real estate, and other wealth indicators for the purpose of determining accurate University Capacity Ratings.
- Keeps abreast of current events, philanthropic trends and Emory's fundraising objectives.
- Supports various fundraisers across the university as assigned.
- Develops processes and implements systems for providing due diligence research to various departments across the University with the goal of mitigating risk and protecting the institution from potential harm.
- Conceptualizes and develops proactive methodologies to support fundraising objectives, and creates communications that assess prospects, evaluating organizational risk.
- A bachelor's degree and five years of related experience in higher education, development, fundraising, healthcare, or in a non-profit institution.
- Successful candidates will possess extensive experience managing projects, budgets, and financial reports, working with various technologies including advanced knowledge and experience with mass email applications, project management software, and CRM systems.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with attention to detail, the ability to work with ambiguity, and navigate a complex work environment.
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills and possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience leading teams, working independently as well as collaboratively to achieve goals, with a commitment to delivering exceptional customer service.
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service, the ability to work collaboratively.
- Possess a high level of professionalism and commitment to confidentiality with sound judgment and discretion.
- Prior experience in advancement, fundraising, alumni engagement, non-profit, or a university setting.
- Flexibility to accommodate changing priorities and deadlines.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines of department of work. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.