Under the leadership of the Director of Building and Residential Services (BRS), leads 3-4 custodial teams with responsibility for a specific campus area.Each team is made up of a Team Lead, Sr. Custodians, and Custodians. Leads the team, focusing on team performance, employee development, employee performance, overall work results, customer experience and satisfaction.
- Assists with the implementation and enforcement of policies, procedures, and employee/department goals. Leads, mentors, and coaches assigned Team Leads. Responsible for all BRS area operations and logistics, and for delivering service excellence to campus customers. Oversees the general appearance of assigned buildings through regular inspections.
- Meets regularly with Team Leads to review schedules, work results, and team needs. Establishes priorities and goals for members of the team in assigned zone. Leads all hiring and training efforts within area of responsibility, and leads and manages bi-annual performance review of all line and Team Lead staff within assigned areas.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff. Leads and facilitates administrative actions for employees in close coordination with Director of BRS, and Campus Services HR. Works closely with other area managers to ensure seamlessness of operations including work routines, equipment and chemical recommendations and purchases.
- Reviews work assignments, priority, service programs, procedures, routines, and make improvements as needed to maximize efficiency and effectiveness. Resolves area issues, monitoring service delivery and employee development. Creates and initiates plans to lead team to achieve departmental goals.
- Meets regularly with the team as well as department director to ensure alignment between division and department and to provide status reports and an opportunity for information sharing. Coordinates supply and equipment needs and purchases with Associate Director, BRS Business Operations and manages within a designated budget. Maintains detailed inventories of all division supplies, equipment, and supplies.
- Coordinates closely with the Team Leads to ensure appropriate supply levels are maintained, equipment is operational, and contracts are operating efficiently. Reviews division equipment requirements, prepares reports on equipment status, and ensures replacements and repairs occur in a timely manner.
- Researches and recommends cleaning processes, methods, and tools in alignment with industry standards and best practices, with a focus on continuous improvement. Assists in identifying division training needs and works with training department to develop formal programs, utilizing internal resources where possible or securing external resources when necessary.
- Regularly reviews reports on personnel transactions (sick leave, vacations, FMLA or other leaves of absence), assesses staffing needs and capabilities, and implements changes and adjustments as needed. Assists the Director in evaluating processes, procedures, and goals. Performs other duties as required.
- A Bachelor's degree and three years of related leadership experience, or an equivalent combination of education, professional certification, and experience.
- Experience in leading teams or groups or equivalent leadership training. Positions in this classification may require a valid Georgia driver's license and an insurable driving record. Knowledge of all Microsoft Office software, proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook.
NOTE: Position tasks are required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location; working remote is not an option. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.