Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Advanced Practice Provider – Nocturnist, Medicine / Psychiatry Service
Emory University School of Medicine is seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to work on the new Medicine / Psychiatry joint service at Grady Memorial Hospital. Grady Memorial Hospital is the flagship facility of Grady Health System and is staffed primarily by providers from Emory. Grady is one of the largest public academic health systems and busiest Level 1 trauma centers in the United States. Grady has a reputation for clinical excellence in trauma, stroke, sickle cell, burns, and infectious disease and a strong commitment to the healthcare needs of the entire community, particularly the underserved.
As part of this team, you will collaborate with a dedicated group of professionals to provide evidence-based care for inpatients with both medical and psychiatric needs. You will be responsible for overnight oversight of this unit, with a supervising physician on-call immediately available.
• Regularly scheduled to work nightshifts.
• Assists in the evaluation and treatment of patients on the Med / Psych unit at Grady Memorial Hospital.
• Documents the delivery of care in the individual's medical records.
• Conducts patient interviews and documents patient histories, psychosocial histories, health status and medical problems or potential problems.
• Under the direction of a physician, performs physical examinations and specialized diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures.
• Assists physician in diagnosing medical problems, developing care plans, and prescribing treatment.
• Orders, schedules and/or performs laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures such as urinalyses, pregnancy and blood tests, and x-rays.
• Communicates necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled procedures to patient. In collaboration with physician, arranges for consultations with or referrals to other medical professional or community services.
• Educates patient on health habits, self-examinations, behavior management, need for follow-up assessments/treatments, at home medical care, medication and other issues related to medical or health problems.
• Works with manager to formulate plan for professional development.
• Attends educational in-services as appropriate.
• Participates in professional activities and organizations to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments.
• Maintains and updates current, accurate patient records including medical assessment, interventions, and evaluations.
• Collects and interprets diagnostic data to implement appropriate care patient care plans.
• Prepares statistical reports and analyses of research projects and investigational protocols; reports on progress, adverse trends and appropriate conclusions and recommendations.
• Trains and teaches other health care professionals including students and residents in techniques and procedures unique to specific setting.
• Actively participates on organizational health services committees.
• Performs related responsibilities as required.
• Completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program or Physician Assistant program.
• Currently certified as an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or equivalent, or certified as a Physician's Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
• Licensed as appropriate in the state of Georgia.
• May require at least one year of direct experience in one or more high acuity clinical specialties.
• BLS, ACLS for the Healthcare Provider certifications required.
• The ideal candidate would have inpatient experience and/or prior experience managing patients with psychiatric comorbidities.
· Salaried position eligible for annual merit increase.
· Opportunity to work extra shifts for supplemental pay.
· Paid time off including vacation and sick leave.
· Family health insurance including vision and dental plans.
· Health savings account with employer contribution.
· 403b retirement account with employer contribution.
· Medical malpractice coverage.
· Long and short-term disability.
· Life insurance.
· Emory University Courtesy Scholarship for employees and family members.
· Family friendly benefits including Paid Parental Leave.
· Reimbursement of license-related expenses required for job.
· Funding available for pertinent CME opportunities.
· Qualifying employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
All applicants must submit a cover letter, current CV, and three references (contact information only.)
NOTE: Position tasks are required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location; working remote is not an option. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.