We're seeking a skilled Applications Integration Engineer with a passion for creating seamless, cross-cloud integrations in a dynamic environment to join our team and take on the following key responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall integration of application and system components.
- Develops an integrated blueprint for business applications which fundamentally defines the business logic of the enterprise.
- Defines business requirements and their influence on the applications architecture as well as data, application functions and workflow elements.
- Works with design and development teams to ensure integration between application and operating systems.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Integration Expertise: You will lead the evaluation, design, implementation, and testing of application integrations, collaborating closely with a diverse team of data engineers, data analysts, and cloud/devops engineers. The goal is to ensure that applications, including UI, CLI, and data processing tools, work together harmoniously.
- Cloud-Agnostic Architecture: Design a reference architecture that transcends cloud boundaries, enabling our integrations to run seamlessly across various cloud providers. This architecture should define roles and processes within our research platform, promoting flexibility and scalability.
- Access Control and Authorization: Take a hands-on role in developing a robust role-based access control and user authentication and authorization system for our research platform. This system will enable researchers and users to access sensitive data in compliance with data governance policies, research protocols, and the Principal Investigator's data sharing decisions.
- Data Catalog and Marketplace Integration: Seamlessly integrate data catalog and data marketplace solutions into our research platform to enhance data discoverability and accessibility, ensuring researchers can easily find and access the data they need.
- Performance Metrics: Define meaningful business metrics to measure the success of our integrations. These metrics may include improved data processing and delivery times, reduced transaction errors, and optimized resource allocation for storage, compute, and application maintenance.
- Technology Stack Selection: In alignment with the designed architecture, make informed decisions on the ideal technology stack to utilize, considering cloud services from AWS and Azure, as well as platform-agnostic options. Currently used services, such as Apache Airflow for orchestration and AWS S3 and AWS Redshift for data storage, should be evaluated for suitability.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and seven years of information technology experience which includes five years of experience as an application developer and integrator.
• Cloud Integration Experience: Proven experience in cloud platform integration, specifically with AWS and Azure, using techniques such as point-to-point API communication and message- or event-driven communication. Familiarity with native cloud services like Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon API Gateway, AWS EventBridge, Azure TRE, API Management, Azure Event Grid, and Azure Logic Apps is highly regarded.
• Multi-Cloud Expertise: Proficiency in building and managing multi-cloud environments, particularly with AWS and Azure.
• Tool Integration: Experience integrating a mix of open-source and vendor-provided tools to create effective and scalable solutions.
• Containerization Skills: Proficiency in containerized solutions, including Docker and AWS Lambda.
NOTE: Tasks related to this position can be performed remotely with only occasional visits to an Emory University location. Eastern (EST) time zone business hours may apply. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee. Emory does not approve as a primary work location in the following states; NJ, AK, and HI, any U.S. Territories or outside of the United States.