Working as part of the Research Solutions team, the Software Engineer, Sr partners with peer developers, business analysts, and solution architects to provide IT specific solution to researchers in delivering the highest quality applications, establishing patterns, standards, and best practices. The incumbent collaborates with Emory’s world class brain health researchers and staff to help advance discoveries in health sciences as well as support the dissemination of knowledge.
- Administrate Salesforce platform and the associated applications to support and advance Brain health research mission.
- Collaborate with cross functional IT teams and users to evaluate, define and complete new development requests.
- Translate business requirements into IT solutions that best leverage the existing platforms and products.
- Configure IT Solutions on Salesforce, Amazon Web Services or other suitable technologies.
- Develop software in programing languages such as Apex and Python.
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades.
- Provide detailed level of effort estimates for proposed new solutions.
- Support users by seeking to understand their needs, offer efficient solutions, assisting their daily IT operations.
- Document IT solutions and patterns with technical details
- Identifies, designs, develops, implements, and revises software applications to meet business needs.
- Supports software applications and associated operating systems.
- Programs, analyzes and writes specifications.
- Devises solutions to system problems.
- Develops and tests applications; makes revisions to improve functionality.
- Develops and analyzes the effectiveness of new applications and test procedures.
- Writes and edits reports to provide recommendations, conclusions and other data.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, math, engineering or a related field and three years of related experience in programming and software systems or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of software development in a research institution context preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce Sales Cloud platform, SQL and database development, Python and/ or Java
- Experience with software engineering best practices such as software design patterns, CI/CD, version control, automated testing, and configuration management is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills with a proven ability interacting with all levels of management, stakeholders, support personnel, and customers.
- 1 year of experience with Salesforce Platform is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of academic administration or clinical research applications.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
- Experiences with Amazon Web Services
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University location as needed and at times, on short notice. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.