The Division of Operations and Maintenance (Shipping and Receiving) within the Emory National Primate Research Center at Emory University is currently seeking a full-time Materials Handler II to join our team.
The ideal candidate should be motivated, dependable, detail-oriented, and have a positive attitude. The Materials Handler II must be a team player who is willing to learn on the job and collaborate with others. The Materials Handler II will work to ensure the highest quality of service and have good communication skills with co-workers, the management team, PIs, research staff, students, and other support services personnel. The hours for this position are Monday – Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM and will report to Clyde Henley.
Dedicated to discovering causes, prevention, treatments, and cures, Emory National Primate Research Center (ENPRC/EPC) is fighting diseases and improving human health and lives worldwide. One of seven NPRCs funded by the NIH, EPC conducts studies that make breakthrough discoveries possible. Learn more at http://www.enprc.emory.edu
- Ships and receives items, pulls orders and verifies type and quantity of ordered items.
- Issues and delivers items and performs housekeeping activities in the warehouse.
- Maintains records or files of information related to inventory, equipment or other items.
- Orders stock items for replenishment.
- Prepares documentation and performs data entry.
- Operates light trucks, warehouse equipment, forklifts and picker machines and is responsible for their daily inspection, maintenance, safe operation and safeguarding against vandalism or theft.
- Assists in relocating materials and reconfiguring storage locations.
- May transport items and materials via large trucks, using proper safety and handling techniques to safeguard materials.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and one year of warehouse, stockroom or related experience.
- May require valid Georgia driver's license and insurable driving record.
- Some positions in this classification may require the ability to lift 50-75 pounds and to bend, stoop and twist.
- Shuttle driving experience.
- Experience transporting non–human primates (NHP) and equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Georgia driver's license and insurable driving record.
- Some positions in this classification may require the ability to lift 50-75 pounds and to bend, stoop, and twist.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING STATEMENT:
Emory NPRC in conjunction with Emory University conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which may include an INA and criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications, drug screening, health assessment, requirement of various vaccinations (including COVID-19 plus one booster if job requires hands-on contact with animals/NHP). Employment is contingent upon a clear background screening.
NOTE: Position tasks are required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location; working remote is not an option. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.