Oxford College of Emory University (www.oxford.emory.edu) is seeking a PART-TIME TEMPORARY PRN Medical Assistant/LPN/RN for the Student Health Service office at Oxford College. LPNs and RNs licensed in GA are welcomed.
THIS POSITION IS ON THE CAMPUS OF OXFORD COLLEGE OF EMORY UNIVERSITY, NEAR COVINGTON, 36 MILES EAST OF ATLANTA.
- Assists in the examination and treatment of patients under a physician's direction.
- Obtains vital signs and patient information for inclusion in the patient's medical record.
- May give injections or treatments, perform routine laboratory tests under the direction of an attending physician, and assist in other patient care activities such as dressing changes and leg wraps.
- Prepares treatment room for examination of patient. May assist with physical examinations by preparing supplies and handing instruments/materials to the doctor as directed.
- Provides patients with basic instruction and information regarding examination procedures.
- May operate an x-ray, EKG, or other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Cleans and sterilizes medical instruments; observes the principles of sterile technique in performing duties.
- Schedules patients for tests and completes required forms for lab work.
- Maintains accurate and complete patient records/documentation.
- Orders, stocks, and inventories supplies and assists in performing clerical duties.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent. Positions in this classification may require successful completion of a medical assistant training program.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant training program and up-to-date M.A. certification, LPN or RN currently licensed to practice in GA.
- Current CPR/AED certification.
- Greater than 1 year experience, comfortable working in electronic medical record program, skilled in phlebotomy.
EEO/AA/Individuals with Disabilities/Veteran Employer