Under limited supervision, uses a basic knowledge of public health principles to analyze, develop, implement, and promote new and creative strategies and solutions to address public health issues and challenges. Addresses public health issues by providing education, technical assistance, advocacy, public awareness, and research. Works with programs or studies designed to evaluate the prevalence or surveillance of public health issues and the effectiveness of targeted interventions. May provide technical assistance to organizations to include presentations, web-based resources, strategies, and educational forums to address specific public health issues. May work with clinical study sites on patient recruitment and data collection standards. Assists with data collection and data analysis. Contributes to proposals, protocols, data analysis plans, reports, manuscripts, and presentation of study findings. May assist in designing, developing, and conducting targeted training initiatives. May collaborate with external organizations to develop action plans and goals to achieve specific objectives. Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Experience working with HIV/AIDS research, prevention, or treatment
- Familiarity with communities of gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men
- Ability to work independently and strong organizational skills
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
iREACH is a 5-year study that will utilize a mobile-friendly Web App intervention focused on life skills training to address HIV vulnerability among adolescent MSM living in four heavily impacted regions constituting diverse racial/ethnic and geographic areas (Chicago-Detroit; Atlanta-Washington, DC; Memphis-New Orleans; San Francisco-San Diego) in the US. Utilizing a prospective RCT design to study cognitive factors, intervention group participants will receive information across 16 topics, ranging from stigma and discrimination to sexual health, links to local resources, and access to peer-to-peer motivational interviewing counseling via V-See video-chat.
Key responsibilities of iREACH position
- Manage online recruitment ads, track ad progress, update online advertisements, evaluate effectiveness of selected online recruitment locations and make changes as needed
- Assist with the development and implementation of SMART participant management system and monitoring the system for accuracy of participant records
- Work with the full study team on other study components, including app updates, content review, and peer navigator updates
- Support data management, including data entry, cleaning and analysis. May also assist with survey programming, editing and testing.
A master's degree in public health, a master's of science degree in public health or health education, or a master's in development practice from an accredited school.