- Provides locksmith services to the organization by installing, repairing, inspecting, and recombining mechanical, electro-mechanical, electronic locking and monitoring devices and door hardware.
- Plans code set-ups, and cuts keys for Master and Grandmaster key locking systems for individual locks and total buildings.
- Maintains catalog of keys to all locking systems.
- Interprets new building blue prints.
- Maintains inventory of key blanks, panic bar systems, cores and other related materials.
- Performs preventive maintenance and changes combinations on safes, vault doors, safe deposit boxes and similar containers.
- Opens safes with unknown combinations.
- Unlocks doors and equipment due to lockouts.
- Maintains security and confidentiality of Lockshop area and equipment.
- Provides locking security, safety information and technical advice to staff and trains them on the proper use of equipment.
- Maintains records and files.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
A high school diploma or equivalent. Two years experience as journeyman locksmith. Valid Georgia driver's license and insurable driving record. Some positions within this classification may require the ability to lift 50 pounds and to bend, stoop and twist.