The Communication Specialist is responsible for promoting and tracking initiatives related to the school’s strategic direction including, but not limited to, research centers, curriculum advancements and faculty interests. The Communications Specialist is responsible for creating and maintaining related content across media channels including, but not limited to, web, social media, media pitches and publications. May manage freelance resources or student assistants.
The ideal candidate should be an effective written communicator with an understanding of digital media and public relations.
• Extensive journalistic writing experience required
• Knowledge of AP style required
• Public and/or media relations experience preferred
• Knowledge of media tracking platforms and advance research methods preferred
• Business writing experience preferred
• Knowledge of WordPress or other blogging platforms preferred
• Experience in social media and blogging preferred
• Knowledge of HTML and basic web design a plus
• Experience in copy editing and/or proofreading a plus