- In this role, provides oversight and leadership for three or more APP's.
- Provides technical expertise for all Affiliate providers in the daily management of medical services to patients.
- Recruits and hires staff, establishes work schedules, supervises staff performance, participates in performance evaluations, and determines and disseminates quality activities and design for assigned staff.
- Supervises educational activities for the unit, such as training residents, medical students and new NP/PA graduates.
- Recognized as a proficient, highly skilled clinician who assists physician colleagues in providing care and case management of patients.
- Routinely demonstrates acquired in-depth knowledge about the care of a specific patient population in daily practice.
- Assists in the evaluation and treatment of patients. Documents the delivery of care in the individual's medical records.
- Conducts patient interviews and documents patient histories, psychosocial histories, health status and medical problems or potential problems.
- Under the direction of a physician, performs physical examinations and specialized diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures including cast application and removal, wound suturing and dressing changes.
- Assists physician in diagnosing medical problems, developing care plans, and prescribing treatment.
- Orders, schedules and/or performs laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures such as urinalyses, pregnancy and blood tests, and x-rays.
- Communicates necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled procedures to patient.
- In collaboration with physician, arranges for consultations with or referrals to other medical professional or community services.
- Educates patient on health habits, self-examinations, behavior management, need for follow-up assessments/treatments, at home medical care, medication and other issues related to medical or health problems.
- Works with manager to formulate plan for professional development. Attends educational in-services as appropriate. Participates in professional activities and organizations to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments.
- Maintains and updates current, accurate patient records including medical assessment, interventions, and evaluations.
- Collects and interprets diagnostic data to implement appropriate care patient care plans.
- Prepares statistical reports and analyses of research projects and investigational protocols; reports on progress, adverse trends and appropriate conclusions and recommendations.
- Trains and teaches other health care professionals including students and residents in techniques and procedures unique to specific setting.
- Actively participates on organizational health services committees.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program or Physician Assistant program.
- Currently licensed as an advanced practice nurse in the state of Georgia by the Georgia Board of Nursing and certified as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or equivalent body, or Certified as a Physician's Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Licensed as appropriate in the state of Georgia. May require at least one year of direct experience in one or more high acuity clinical specialties. Minimum of two years of experience as an APP. Leadership experience preferred. BLS, ACLS, and Healthcare Provider certifications required.
Design, develop, implement and monitor educational activities for APPs including lectures, simulation labs, workshops, and CBL / online training
Review and revise orientation process
Develop annual and periodic competency requirements and validation process
Maintain confidential APP education records
Provide formal and informal clinical instruction, coaching and mentoring on all shifts
Monitors clinical practices and develops programs to incorporate best practice
Develops and monitors individual APP goals for clinical practice and professional development
Provides feedback during annual performance review process regarding goal achievement.-Demonstrates leadership qualities
Strong analytical and decision-making skills
Background in PI or CQI and chart review preferable; Lean Six Sigma training or equivalent preferred but not required
Experience in short term and long term planning
Background in education, training, precepting or mentoring or has demonstrated ability to instruct, coach and mentor with success
Strong interpersonal skills
Strong computer skills including office software, internet and media platforms
Flexibility to work all shifts, odd hours-73867BR
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed