This position will be on the SC2i (Surgical Critical Care Initiative) team (http://www.sc2i.org).
- Handles administrative activities generally associated with the conduct of clinical trials.
- Provides guidance to less experienced staff.
- Manages research project databases, develops flow sheets and other study related documents, and completes source documents/case report forms.
- Interfaces with research participants, determines eligibility and consents study participants according to protocol. Approves orders for supplies and equipment maintenance.
- Assists in developing recruitment strategies and conducting screenings for study participants including interviews and questionnaires.
- Supervises collection of study specimens and processing.
- Establishes case packages for study procedures, monitors scheduling of procedures and charges, coordinates other services as needed.
- Ensures compliance with research protocols, reviews case report forms and audits for accuracy with source documents, attends monitoring meetings with sponsors.
- Prepares regulatory submissions.
- With appropriate credentialing and training. may perform phlebotomy or diagnostics.
- Performs related approved responsibilities as required.
- (1.) High School Diploma or GED and five years of clinical research experience. OR
- (2.) Two years of college in a scientific, health related, or business administration program and three years clinical research experience OR
- (3.) Licensed as a practical nurse (LPN) and two years clinical research experience OR
- (4.) Bachelor's degree in a scientific, health related, or business administration related program and one year of clinical research experience OR
- (5.) Master's degree, MD or PhD in a scientific, health related or business administration program
- This position is intended to support clinical research and all clinical training requirements must be tracked and monitored through Emory Healthcare under the credentialing category of CLINICAL RESEARCHER.