- Installs, maintains, and repairs HVAC systems, components, and equipment.
- Rewires high voltage on HVAC equipment.
- Routinely inspects systems and equipment.
- Analyzes HVAC systems operations; pinpoints problems and repairs reciprocating chillers, heating systems, split units, steam systems, boilers, and related control systems/components.
- Changes filters, lubricates bearings, replaces belts, checks seals, and maintains pneumatic and electrical controls.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and schematic drawings to perform work assignments.
- Operates hand tools, gantry, soldering, brazing, and test equipment used in HVAC.
- Takes required precautions when working with hazardous chemical, materials, and power equipment.
- Drives and maintains utility vehicles.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or equivalent. Four years HVAC maintenance experience. Valid Georgia driver's license and insurable driving record. All positions in this classification must have the ability to lift 50 pounds and to bend, stoop and twist.