JOB DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Associate Vice President and Treasurer, the Director, Treasury - Cash Management will provide cash management and treasury services leadership to both Emory University and Emory Healthcare.
- Provides oversight for all treasury management activities including:
- Setting cash targets,
- Executing wire transfers
- Opening/closing bank accounts,
- Securing new services,
- Optimizing bank account structures, and
- Administration of online banking systems including establishing user access, approving new users and conducting user audits.
- Provides oversight and management for:
- cash flow and liquidity forecasting/modeling,
- daily cash positioning and funding,
- short-term investments, PCI compliance,
- banking services including bank fee analysis and bank system administration, performance management, bank relationship management, etc.
- Develops, maintains and monitors a best-in-class set of treasury operational policies and procedures to ensure a robust internal control environment protecting university assets and mitigating the risk of fraud.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in treasury services staying abreast of industry trends in banking, PCI compliance, digital payments technologies, etc. and makes recommendations to improve service delivery, improve processes and reduce costs across the enterprise.
- Develops and cultivates positive relationships with financial leaders across the enterprise including Emory Investment Management, Emory Healthcare, university budget office, Chief Business Officers of schools/units and with external partners including banks, financial advisors and service providers.
- Oversees the preparation of monthly reports that track investment performance, investment allocations, liquidity position and needs, and various ad hoc reports requested by management.
- Establishes and monitors treasury key performance metrics and develops / implements action plans to support improved performance and operations.
- Partners closely with debt management and corporate finance teams to support short-term borrowings, commercial paper, principal / interest repayment activities, capital funding needs and other banking transactions.
- Supports the Treasurer and CFO in support of significant transactions which may include the integration of mergers/acquisitions, establishment of new banking structures, assess liquidity impacts to various strategic initiatives, etc.
- Manages, directs and develops the treasury operations staff.
- Sets annual goals for the individuals and the organization and monitors performance against those goals.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related discipline, and 7 years of related financial work experience with a minimum of 5 years of treasury / cash management experience.
- Experience managing and developing a small team.
- Must be self-driven, personally accountable, innovative, comfortable working independently and able to lead change.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Previous experience in a similar role with a large, complex organization including treasury operations, banking, liquidity management and investments experience. CTP, CPA or other financial certifications. Proficient with MS Office; experience with enterprise-wide ERP systems (PeopleSoft preferred). Executive presence with excellent verbal and written communication skills.