- Manages pre-award activities for an assigned portfolio of grants and contracts within a Research Administration Services (RAS) unit using knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to pre-award functions and awareness of federal rules and regulations related to research grant and contract activity.
- Pre-award activities include, but are not limited to, assisting departmental faculty/Principal Investigators (PIs) in the development, preparation, and submission of grant and contract proposals.
- Ensures all applications meet agency and university guidelines and published time tables and deadlines, including management of the Just-In-Time process.
- Ensures proposals are entered and routed in a timely manner for further review.
- Confers with PI and pre-award support staff at collaborating institutions to secure necessary sub-award documents for proposals.
- Assists the PI in the development of budgets and budget justification which includes proofing the budget for inconsistencies and ensuring accuracy.
- Reviews budgets for consistency with sponsor, monitor compliance with agency and University regulations regarding submission; verifies all financial information to include application of the appropriate overhead rate for the project.
- Advises the PI on administrative requirements in preparing proposal submissions.
- Advises PI on budget adjustments and revisions necessary to meet the sponsor requirements.
- Coordinates and reviews certain proposal elements (biosketches and facilities & resources) for consistency, accuracy, and completeness.
- Reviews proposals for consistency with sponsor guidelines on budget, format, font size, page limits excluding narrative content (obtain and review sponsor guidelines).
- Monitors and facilitates proposal process through the routing process in compliance with University procedures and institutional signatures.
- Obtains signatures as needed.
- Monitors proposal status and advises PI on requirements and deadlines associated with research protection protocols.
- orks effectively with other offices (central, school, departments, divisions) on research proposal.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
Bachelor's degree and three years of work-related grants and contracts experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Proficiency with MS Office Suite software.