- Maintains the safe operation and maintenance of building facilities, electrical and mechanical systems and plumbing.
- Is responsible for operating and maintaining specific equipment, conducting surveys and inventories, performing preventive maintenance activities, responding to customer complaints and repairing equipment.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, drawings, schematics and written technical machinery documents to troubleshoot areas and make repairs accurately.
- Ensures compliance with applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
- May perform daily chemical tests on water systems and adjust chemical mixtures and feed rates.
- Installs wall hung furnishings and equipment.
- Maintains related computer databases.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
Completion of a related technical school program, OR a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of experience in building maintenance, OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, structural and general carpentry. May require a valid Georgia driver's license and insurable driving record. Some positions within this classification may require the ability to lift 50 pounds and to bend, stoop and twist.