- Assists in the administration and support for procuring goods and services for departments within Campus Services - Facilities Management.
- Works in collaboration with the University's Procurement Services department to assure adherence to the University's purchasing policies and procedures.
- Interacts with suppliers to secure cost-effective, high-quality products. Compiles and refines solicitation specifications; researches and identifies potential sources.
- Independently determines the most appropriate method of acquiring goods and/or services by examining and evaluating the unique elements of each material request, including estimating the value, determining delivery requirements, and researching sources of supply.
- Accesses and employs the on-line computerized procurement system in the procurement process.
- Reviews and expedites purchase orders and assists in the resolution of accounts payable problems.
- Tracks and monitors the status of orders to respond to customer inquiries and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates delivery and receiving functions for departments.
- Participates in the decision-making process of sole source procurements by evaluating and determining the validity of the requestor's documentation.
- Develops and professionally manages effective business relationships.
- May coordinate on-site vendor product presentations.
- May represent Campus Services in procurement meetings and/or committees.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
Two years of college coursework in business management or related field plus two years of professional procurement experience, OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Positions within this classification require a valid Georgia driver's license and an insurable driving record. Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds and to bend, stoop and twist.