- Responsible for collecting, sorting, and handling of waste, recycling, and compostable materials from designated recycling stations located within the buildings and loading docks of Emory University.
- Transports recyclable and compostable materials to designated loading docks and/or the Emory Recycling Center for further processing.
- Ensures bin stations are clean, labeled, serviced with designated bag color, and remain located in the designated location.
- Responsible for the recording of collected material weights; must have strong organizational skills and the ability to document collections.
- Adheres to and complies with Emory University safety and security standards.
- Must understand Emory's Environmental Health and Safety Office expectations and follow protocols for bio-safety.
- Assists in facility, equipment, and vehicle management maintenance.
- Ensures a clean, safe work environment in compliance with university standards as well as federal, state and local requirements.
- Remains knowledgeable of Emory University's goals for sustainability, specifically in regards to waste diversion.
- Serves as a knowledgeable resource to building occupants regarding proper recycling methods and guidelines.
- Communicates with supervisor and/or team leader to ensure work order information entries meet department standards.
- Supports the needs of the department by being a team player and being flexible regarding route and schedule adjustments.
- Assists with maintaining clean, safe, and compliant loading docks.
- Some overtime may be required in the evenings and weekends during special event activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Strong verbal communication skills. Excellent customer service skills. Position requires lifting and pulling bags and receptacles weighing up to 75 pounds. The ability to bend, stoop and twist. Must be able to walk an average of 3 miles per shift. Some positions within this job classification may require a valid Georgia driver's license and insurable driving record.