This is a central job, reporting to the Office for Clinical Research (OCR). Responsibilities include post award invoicing of industry sponsored grants and contracts, as well as monitoring and managing federal award encumbrances.
- Provides monthly account reconciliation, report generation and research billing compliance.
- This includes generating invoices for startups, milestones, per patient visits and administrative fees; applying payments received; and paying study related expenses and processing patient stipends and reimbursements in alignment with the Clinical Trial Agreement (CTA) and the Prospective Reimbursement Analysis (PRA).
- Utilizes and integrates data from multiple financial and clinical database and software applications including: Compass, EPEX, Emory Express, DOCLink, ERMS, eIRB, IDX, Health Quest, MicroStrategy and OnCore.
- Routinely assists in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and executive summary reports distributed to principal investigators, research support staff, department administrators and executive management.
- Provides policy and procedure interpretation to academic departments/schools and divisions related to study financials and research billing compliance.
- Advises and interprets research funding awards, contracts, patient visits; approves and/or monitors accounting and procurement expenditures consistent with regulatory and University practices; and provides direct support with accounts payable and receivable processes.
- May include reviewing contracts, maintaining grant and contract files, generating and reviewing invoices, monitor accounts receivable and deliverable reports, develop queries and reports on the financial system, work with the division business managers to resolve contractual issues, communicate with sponsors, ensure research billing compliance, and close out contracts.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Healthcare related field and three years professional accounting or financial analysis experience or clinical research experience, preferably in research/sponsored programs accounting, or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training. Emory University's RAE Certification and Certification in Healthcare Research Compliance through the Health Care Compliance Association is strongly preferred within five years of hire into this position.