Installs, maintains, and monitors one or more multi-platform servers, operating systems, utilities, and related software to meet organizational needs. Supports the availability, integrity, and reliability of assigned systems.
- Bachelor's degree
- Three years of hands-on Linux operating systems administration experience.
- Shell scripting experience in bash, Perl, or Python
- Hardware and software installation and configuration
- Demonstrated experience working with monitoring tools
Minimum qualifications as above plus
- Master’s degree
- RedHat certifications
- Bioinformatics and/or bioinformatics IT support
- Experience with high-performance computing environments, high-speed networking, and large (petabyte scale) storage systems
- Familiarity with cloud computing (AWS, Google Cloud) environments
- Familiarity with website design, management and maintenance