- Under general supervision, performs a variety of defined research and laboratory tests and experiments according to prescribed protocols and assigned schedules.
- Sets up experiments as prescribed by a principal investigator.
- May be required to participate in laboratory maintenance activities such as sterilization and cleaning of equipment, ordering of supplies, inventory and media preparation.
- Maintains records, files and logs of work performed in laboratory notebooks and computer databases.
- Compiles data and records results of studies for publications, grants and seminar presentations.
- Employees in this classification may be required to work with, take specific precautions against and/or be immunized against potentially hazardous agents.
- Performs related responsibilities as required by principal investigator.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field OR equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Looking for a highly enthusiastic candidate to help with various immunological and molecular assays conducted to evaluate the efficacy of HIV vaccines.
- The main focus of the lab is the preclinical development of vaccines for HIV/AIDS.
- The successful candidate will be engaged in research exploring the immune responses elicited by HIV/SIV infections and vaccines using animal models.
- The successful candidate will also be responsible for processing and archiving of blood and tissue samples obtained from non-human primates vaccinated with HIV vaccines.
- Should be willing to work in BSL-3 laboratory with HIV and SIV positive samples.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed