A highly motivated candidate sought as a Research Specialist in Genomics laboratory at the Yerkes Primate Center.
- Candidate will perform nucleic acid isolation from various tissues and conduct experiments using Next-Generation Sequencing (Illumina) and other related genomic analyses.
- A Bachelors degree in biology, immunology, molecular biology or related field is required.
- Previous lab experience in genomics, particularly using Illumina technology (RNA-Seq, HiSeq or MiSeq), is a plus but not necessary.
FORMAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Under general supervision, performs a variety of defined research and laboratory tests and experiments according to prescribed protocols and assigned schedules.
- Sets up experiments as prescribed by a principal investigator.
- May be required to participate in laboratory maintenance activities such as sterilization and cleaning of equipment, ordering of supplies, inventory and media preparation.
- Maintains records, files and logs of work performed in laboratory notebooks and computer databases.
- Compiles data and records results of studies for publications, grants and seminar presentations.
- Employees in this classification may be required to work with, take specific precautions against and/or be immunized against potentially hazardous agents.
- Performs related responsibilities as required by principal investigator.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field OR equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.