Reporting to the Associate Director, supports the P2P Strategic Procurement teams (Strategic Sourcing/Contract Administration and Accounts Payable) and works to build relationships with stakeholders across the business.
- Develops, deploys, and engrains best practices throughout the organization related to spend analytics, sourcing and procurement processes, knowledge management, Strategic Procurement-related reporting, and savings tracking.
- Develops, deploys, and advances a spend analytics strategy including platform, data integrity, accessibility, dash boarding and reporting, and adoption by Strategic Procurement, Finance, and business teams.
- Supports the development of sourcing, category management, and operational strategies by using data and analytics, process mapping, benchmarking, category research, commodity tracking, stakeholder relationships, and other tools to identify opportunities.
- Monitors, tracks, reports and analyzes financial data and KPI's.
- Provides consistent reporting of results and plans to the Strategic Procurement organization, business partners, and executives.
- Determines reporting needs from multiple data sources. Sources and analyzes data from Compass, non-purchase order invoice payments, purchasing/corporate card, and other internal support systems.
- Works closely with systems group to implement, maintain, and enhance Strategic Procurement systems including Emory Express (Jaggaer), spend analytics (EBI), client relationship management tools (CRM-Salesforce), knowledge management tools (Salesforce Community) and purchasing tools, and procurement data architecture.
- Develops and tracks reporting against departmental objectives and results including payment process optimization, savings goals and tracking savings achieved.
- Manages and maintains Strategic Procurement processes documentation including sourcing process, vendor management templates, exception reporting, and operational efficiency metrics.
- Brings process mapping and re-engineering expertise to both internal Strategic Procurement processes as well as in support of external-facing Strategic Procurement projects (e.g., best practices, approach, templates).
- Creates executive-level presentations summarizing progress, status and risks.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years of experience in consulting, strategic procurement or related field, ideally with relevant experience in project management, process re-engineering, and data-driven decision making.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word; experience in programming or other software (specifically data platforms like Tableau) a plus.
- Experience with spend analytics and sourcing systems; experience with Jaggaer sourcing and/or PeopleSoft desirable.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills (oral, written and listening) for a variety of audiences (senior executives to analysts).
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand, organize and synthesize complex information in an easily understandable format tailored to a variety of audiences.