Two years of related experience outside of a university MFA program preferred.
- Costume Construction: Creates patterns, millinery, masks, and accessories for period and modern garments for Theater Emory productions. Responsible for making all creative decisions in costume designer’s absence.
- Costume Shop Maintenance: Oversees the costume shop, laundry room, dressing rooms, and costume storage. Maintains the wardrobe for Theater Emory productions.
- Dress Rehearsals: Responsible for making all decisions regarding the organization and running of dress rehearsals for Theater Emory productions. Responsible for training students to act as wardrobe crew for Theater Emory productions.
- Supervision: Estimates labor needs for productions; hires, schedules, and supervises student labor and outside professionals as needed.
- Responsible for transportation of costumes and goods to and from various performing venues on campus, and to and from costume storage, as needed.
- Trains new work-study employees in advanced techniques in costume construction.
- Maintains show budgets and accountings; responsible for ordering shop goods, and specific items needed for shows.
- Performs related responsibilities as required, including coordinating and designing costumes for some productions.
- May instruct undergraduate students in Theater related courses.
Theater costume shop and other performance venues as needed. Work schedule may fluctuate according to the requirements of each performance.
The above statements are intended to describe the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the personnel so classified.