Reporting to the Director of Student Financial Services, directly oversees and provides strategic vision to the Student Account Services organization including operational, human resources, strategic planning, accounting / budgeting, and customer service. In addition, will be responsible for accounting activities of the Student Financial Services organization and the University's cashiering operations.
- Promotes a culture of exceptional customer service among the Student Account Services team, assuring the highest quality service to all customers.
- Builds strong relationships across campus to enhance collaboration of system integrations, operational improvements, and other campus-wide opportunities.
- Hires, trains, supervises, evaluates and develops staff.
- May act in place of the Director of Student Financial Services, as needed.
- Student Account Services responsibilities include managing all aspects of up-front customer service activities including training and evaluation of customer service skills for student account representatives; managing the billing and collection of tuition and related educational fees; ensuring daily activities (collection activities, payment posting, refunds, etc.) are managed effectively; and developing and administering policies and procedures to ensure compliance with University, federal and state laws and guidelines.
- Acts as lead liaison for the office in campus-wide enrollment services initiatives.
- Cashiering and accounting responsibilities include managing all aspects of cashiering services and accounting activities of the Student Financial Services organization, practicing acceptable cash controls and cash handling procedures while coordinating work between various departments and depository banks; overseeing the preparation of operational and statistical reports for management and regulatory agencies; and ensuring that appropriate security procedures are followed and that cash is secured at all times.
- Makes recommendations on how to use technology to improve overall cashiering and accounting processes.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, management, computer technology or related field and 7 years of overall experience with a minimum of 4 years of bursar, cashiering or payment processing services or progressively related management experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, supervisory experience, and attention to detail.
- Must have ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; communicate effectively; and supervise with proven ability to direct administrative and support activities and staff.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Student Financial Services, cashiering and student accounts in a campus setting is preferable.