SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE OFFICE OF GLOBAL STRATEGY & INITIATIVES: Leads the communications initiatives of the Office of Global Strategy & Initiatives (GSI) and its reporting divisions, which include the Office of International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS), the Claus M. Halle Institute for Global Research and Learning, and Global Services. Responsibilities include the following:
- Web content strategy, management, analysis (through Google Analytics, etc.), and updates; requires copywriting, editing, and technical writing experience as well as HTML and Cascade or other CMS experience.
- Internal PR and story development, promoting Emory’s global strategy and advocating for the inclusion of global priorities in university publications and presentations.
- Email and social media marketing of events using mechanisms such as Constant Contact, Trumba, HootSuite, TweetDeck, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.; requires staying current with trends and best practices and monitoring key metrics.
- Develop and manage GSI’s periodic e-newsletter; edit and format ISSS e-newsletters.
- Publications management including occasional print production; requires knowledge of programs such as Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Management of multiple editorial calendars.
- Liaising with other Emory offices such as Communications and Public Affairs, Office of the Provost, etc.
- Media relations including writing press releases and media advisories for both internal Emory and external Atlanta and larger community audiences.
To support Emory’s reputation in the global community, the person in this role must demonstrate a high level of overall quality and professionalism in their work as well as sensitivity to the cultural considerations that international work can involve.