The Program Coordinator reports to the Senior Associate Director for Publishing. This grant-funded position supporting the Digital Publishing in the Humanities initiative is made possible through the generous support of the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. The position is funded for 36 hours per week through June 30, 2020.
Specifically, the Program Coordinator will work on financial, logistical, and operational details related to grant activities. Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining financial records, submitting expense reports, and producing financial projections related to the availability of funds.
- Conducting necessary research for cost projections and program development.
- Coordinating travel for visiting speakers and consultants, as well as the travel of program staff.
- Using Emory’s systems, including Cascade, Compass, Emory Express, and Emory Business Intelligence.
- Maintaining documentation of the grant’s activities and providing materials to the Senior Associate Director for Publishing for annual reporting, or as needed.
- Supporting the graduate fellowship application and orientation process, and managing fellow research accounts.
- Assisting with the planning and execution of events for both Emory faculty and graduate students, often in collaboration with other Emory units.
- Working with external vendors to release subsidy funding for approved publication projects.
- Managing social media accounts and the grant’s website.
- Additional projects as assigned.
Successful applicants will demonstrate strong attention to detail, organizational and collaborative abilities, and writing/editorial skills. Competency in social media platforms and in MS Office products is required. Proficiency in Emory’s procurement and accounting systems strongly preferred. A background in digital humanities and/or scholarly publishing highly desirable.