Under the supervision and leadership of an Area Manager, performs custodial duties in accordance with established standards, routines, and instructions in an academic or student residential environment while functioning as a Team Lead for an assigned group of custodians.
- Assists in providing technical knowledge and skills in working, planning and organizing the daily activities of a team of custodians within an assigned area.
- Inspects assigned areas to ensure that the quality of work and work result is consistent with departmental standards.
- Monitors daily work of the team for quality, accuracy, and completeness.
- Helps to instruct and train custodians in the proper use of chemicals, supplies, equipment, procedures, and routines.
- Ensures that cleaning procedures and safety standards are followed. Performs all essential duties and responsibilities of both Custodian and Senior Custodian positions.
- Manages and controls equipment and chemicals assigned to a specific location, responsible for maintaining a stocked supply closet.
- Ensures all members of the team have the necessary and appropriate supplies and equipment to perform their jobs.
- Assists with inventory control and distributes requisitioned material to assigned custodial closet and/or team.
- Reports staff concerns, areas of deficiency, and any need for building maintenance to the shift manager or O&M zone supervisor for appropriate action.
- Coordinates support with fellow Team Leads embracing the larger mission of Building & Residential Services (BRS) and Campus Services.
- Performs other duties as required.
- This is a working position.
A high school degree or equivalent (GED), and three years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Ability to use a computer and mobile device for email communication, electronic timekeeping, and other basic systems. Positions in this classification may require a valid Georgia driver's license and an insurable driving record.