- Collaborate with faculty and staff to maintain peak performance of AV and multimedia systems. Offers phone and onsite support to all users. Helps develop best practices for operation of audiovisual systems. Support setup for users in the classroom and conference rooms and oversee the proper recording or broadcasting of events. Do regular status checks of all equipment and configurations. Receive notification of trouble tickets to act on and insure quick response and resolution. Use management tools (i.e., Room View) to remotely manage room operations. Updates ticket progress status to manage time requirements and to meet service level agreement (SLA) expectations. This is a highly customer visible position.
- Coordinate with faculty and class schedules to ensure maximum up time of all audiovisual equipment. Support setup for users in the classroom and conference rooms. Do regular status checks of all equipment and configurations. Oversee portions of room installations and upgrades performed by outside contractors. Setup and monitor class and conference recordings and live feeds. Format and archive class recordings. Setup video conferencing on both permanent and mobile systems. Help with layout and publishing of digital signage content.
- A high school diploma and five years of relevant multimedia experience.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on customers needs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- CTS certification
- Knowledge of Crestron programming
- Knowledge of video editing
- Experience with audio and video signal switching and processing
- Exton certified
- Crestron certified
- VTC certification
- Project management experience
Additional Job responsibilities:
- Engage in user, system and support requirements gathering and analysis to provide design and architectural recommendations as it relates to AV systems
- Oversee vendor Install, test and support Audio and Video control systems
- Determines equipment requirements for installations
- Responsible for development, setup, testing, and maintaining equipment used for videoconferencing integrated room systems and special custom projects
- Troubleshoots and tests equipment and systems.
- Researches and recommends capital purchases to maintain or increase capacity of operations.
- Upgrades current software and hardware already in operation
- Develop, organize and maintain standard operational procedures (including regular maintenance requirements) and workflow processes and procedures for AV systems
- Create and maintain system and customization documentation for testing and validation of the AV systems
- Develop, publish and maintain statistical and management reports of equipment inventory and configuration standards
- Maintain relevant and current knowledge and be a leader, within assigned technical field
- Have the ability to prioritize work efforts and multi-task in a structured teaching environment
- Help with layout and publishing of digital signage content.
- Provide technical consultations regarding AV as needed