- Provides comprehensive administrative assistance in support of the human resources (HR) operation for a School of Medicine (SOM) Shared Services Center (SSC).
- Performs defined transactional activities for the SSC and its departments and divisions such as employee onboarding and orientation, and timekeeping.
- Processes new hire and applicant tracking paperwork.
- Responsible for the review and accuracy of submitted documents such as the USCIS' Form I-9.
- Processes required payroll paperwork as needed.
- Provides assistance to managers and supervisors on matters such as employee leave tracking and timekeeping.
- Reviews and obtains approval of time and attendance documents, processes reimbursements and special checks, and maintains associated supporting documentation for the same.
- Composes, generates, proofreads, and disseminates communications and reports.
- Advises or refers individuals to appropriate staff for guidance on human resources policies, procedures, and related topics.
- May support Employee Relations inquiries, and Workers' Compensation and FMLA requests, by gathering supporting documentation or relevant evidence.
- Maintains databases, and personnel and SSC records and files.
- May assist leadership with budget preparation and by monitoring expenditures by related departments and divisions.
- Performs related responsibilities as directed.
- Two years of college coursework and three years of general office administration experience or human resources experience in a support role as a generalist or in one of many human resources fields such as employment, employee relations, compensation, and/or benefits administration.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Exceptional verbal, written, and communication skills required.
- Experience in an academic healthcare center desired.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed