Reporting to the Manager of Security Systems, a Division of the Emory Police Department, this position supervises security systems (access control, locks/keys, CCTV, alarms) personnel, and operations.
- Effectively supervises performance of assigned electronic security systems technicians and/or locksmiths to accomplish timely completion of tasks, work efficiency, accurate billing, and customer satisfaction.
- Develops and maintains performance metrics in software programs to accurately evaluate assigned personnel. Assists Security Systems Manager with oversight of electronic access control, keys/locks, CCTV, and alarm systems including inventory control, database management, contractor relationships / performance, and warranty tracking.
- Formulates and oversees installations and service contracts, preventative maintenance programs, and the response to customer requests for service.
- Researches and evaluates emerging technology including hardware, software, management tools, and personnel accountability to update and improve security systems.
- Develops and maintains inventory control database and manages distribution and tracking of electronic access and camera privileges, keys, key blanks, cores, and other security system components. Monitors and supervises the management of materials, parts, equipment, tools, vehicles, and expenses, including record keeping on Mobile Aim (IPAD) of assigned personnel.
- Ensures technology-based systems are maintained with current software and hardware revisions and that they are routinely backed-up for data retrieval.
- Assists the Security Systems Manager in preparation and use of the division budget, goals, and business plans, to include review of blueprints, estimates, schedules, timecards, specifications, and work orders with subordinates to ensure compliance with standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures assigned personnel are properly trained to accomplish assigned tasks.
- May review or assist with reviewing plans for new construction and renovation for hardware, technology, and systems compliance with university standards (alarms, access control, CCTV, etc.).
- Effectively communicates and coordinates with internal and external customers and resources to provide expedient solutions to operational issues.
- Schedules personnel to complete work requests.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
A high school diploma or equivalent, and seven years of access control and electronic security systems experience or related field, which preferably includes two years as a supervisor in access control and electronic security systems or a related field, OR an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of security and access control required. Knowledge of current electronic security, access control hardware, software, and emerging technologies. Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel. Knowledge of ADA, AAADM, Life Safety and Fire code specifications. A valid Georgia driver's license, an insurable driving record, the ability to lift 50 pounds and to bend, stoop and twist. Successful completion of an extensive background investigation.