- Provides genetic counseling services to individuals and families according to established practices, policies and procedures within the context of the department's genetic clinics and programs including, but not limited to, general genetics clinics, metabolic disease clinics, specialty clinics, prenatal/preconception clinics, cancer risk assessment clinics, outreach clinics, Newborn Screening program, Nutrition Program, Lysosomal Storage Disease Program, and Infusion Center.
- Supports genetic laboratory operations through coordination of diagnostic lab testing, result reporting and consultation with patients and clients.
- Assists with training students, interns, residents, fellows and volunteers.
- Participates in genetic research initiatives as required by program leaders.
- Supports clinical and research initiatives through local, regional or national presentations, publications and teaching opportunities.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Master's degree in Genetic Counseling from an accredited ABGC training program.
- Board certification as a Genetic Counselor by the American Board of Genetic Counseling.
- One year of experience as a genetic counselor or related experience.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed