ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
- Under supervision, performs DNA and RNA extractions from experimental samples according to prescribed protocols.
- Sets up genotyping, epigenetic or gene expression experiments as prescribed by a principal investigator.
- Participates in laboratory maintenance activities such as sterilization and cleaning of equipment, ordering of supplies, and inventory.
- Maintains records, files, and logs of work performed in laboratory notebooks and computer databases.
- Complies data and records results of studies for publications, grants and seminar presentations.
- Performs other related responsibilities as required by principal investigator.
Employee will be required to work with, take specific precautions against and/or be immunized against potentially hazardous agents.