- Supports the day-to-day activities of a team of Post-Award Specialists.
- Monitors workload distribution and raises any concerns to the Research Administration Services (RAS) director.
- Provides guidance to team members, as appropriate.
- Coordinates with RAS Director regarding pre-award activities, issues resolution, and workload distribution.
- Ensures strong levels of customer service to faculty and departments being served.
- Works with Pre-Award team lead to coordinate inter-team meetings to facilitate collaboration between the pre-award and post-award teams, as necessary and appropriate.
- Manages post-award activities within a RAS unit in support of an assigned portfolio of grants and contracts within one or more units (i.e., school, department, division, institute, or center) using knowledge of grant and contract management rules and regulations, technical expertise, and analytical skills.
- post-award activities include regular review, reconciliation, and projection of award finances, preparing adjustments and corrections to award budgets, preparing financial reports, and at the end of the award, ensuring all financial requirements have been met and closing out the award.
- Interacts regularly with and provides high quality customer service to faculty members conducting sponsored research.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and all policies and award regulations.
- Creates high-quality written reports.
- Upon award acceptance, defines account establishment parameters, including billing and reporting requirements, budget, and cost sharing obligations.
- Sets up award in financial system.
- Distributes award information to PIs, co-PIs and relevant staff and other RAS units.
- Coordinates with relevant individuals to make adjustments to payroll for all budgeted positions (including relative cost sharing positions).
- Reviews and reconciles award expenditures and budgets, making adjustments, as necessary.
- Projects and forecasts future award expenditures.
- Manages budget, reporting and compliance timelines through the lifecycle of the grant or contract.
- Communicates with PIs on a regular basis regarding budget and expense adjustments and revisions.
- Completes financial reports to be sent to sponsor, as required by the award terms and conditions.
- Monitors compliance with agency and University regulations regarding reporting. Completes invoice and submits to sponsor (for certain award types only).
- Assists PIs with non-financial report submissions, as necessary.
- Coordinates and submits requests for No Cost Extensions, Carryover, rebudgeting requests, changes in scope, and other changes to the award; ensures all requests are done in compliance with sponsor guidelines and University policies.
- Facilitates the approval of invoices to pay subcontractors.
- reviews effort reports and manages quarterly effort certification process for assigned units.
- Applies federal and university rules to management of effort allocation appropriately for individuals compensated whole or in part from federal awards.
- Assists in transferring awards out of the university.
- Closes out all funded projects consistent with university process and timelines.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience related to grants and contracts management OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of federal rules and regulations/terms and conditions relating to research grant and/or contract activity.
- Knowledge of the PeopleSoft Financial System preferred.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed