The Financial Analyst reports to the Associate Dean of the Office of International and Summer Programs (OISP).
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
- Provides financial leadership and management to OISP, which includes Emory undergraduate study abroad, on-campus summer school, Emory’s online initiative and various other innovative summer programs.
- Works closely with the Director of Study Abroad and faculty program directors to create detailed budgets for 20+ faculty led summer study abroad programs.
- Oversees foreign payment processes and the reconciliation of faculty expenses for study abroad programs.
- Develops and administers study abroad program accounting policies and expense reporting procedures.
- Serves as the departmental approver for transactions posted to multiple departmental and program accounts.
- Assists Emory Internal Audit with periodic reviews of OISP finances, policies and procedures.
- Monitors expenditures versus the budget for all departmental accounts and prepares various financial reports for the Associate Dean and the Directors of Study Abroad and Summer Programs.
- Supervises two full-time accountant positions and supports accounting activities during high volume season.
- Experience in budgeting and accounting in an international and/or higher education setting is a plus.
- Demonstrated organizational ability, attention to detail, and talent for multi-tasking.
- Experience with managing direct reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with a variety of constituents.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in Excel and able to quickly master new financial software applications.
- Experience with Terra Dotta, and PeopleSoft (including Compass Financial systems and OPUS) a plus.
Please submit a cover letter with your application.