- Under general supervision, performs a variety of defined research and laboratory procedures and experiments in mice according to prescribed protocols and assigned schedules.
- Must be proficient in mouse handling.
- Must have experience in performing small surgical procedures in mice, monitoring mice recovery after surgery, collecting blood and tissue sample.
- Sets up experiments as prescribed by a principal investigator.
- May be required to participate in laboratory maintenance activities such as sterilization and cleaning of equipment, ordering of supplies, inventory and media preparation.
- Maintains records, files and logs of work performed in laboratory notebooks and computer databases.
- Compiles data and records results of studies for publications, grants and seminar presentations.
- Employees in this classification may be required to work with, take specific precautions against and/or be immunized against potentially hazardous agents.
- Performs related responsibilities as required by principal investigator.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field OR equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
DATE CREATED/MODIFIED/REVIEWED: 06/08/06 AMM