JOB DESCRIPTION: Supports departmental efforts that benefit the teaching and learning mission of the University. Acts as an information and consulting resource working with faculty, students and academic staff to inform them of the capabilities of Emory's Information Technology systems and infrastructure. Works closely with faculty, staff and students to conduct analysis of instructional and learning requirements and assists in developing plans and strategies to meet those requirements. Assists in planning and implements education-related projects. Utilizes incident and service request software to manage and track support calls and tickets; interacts with customers and determines how to resolve technical issues. Communicates and collaborates with the Service Desk to teach them how to provide support. Provides input to help improve processes for effective and efficient response. Analyzes customer requests to determine best courses of action, resolve issues, answer questions efficiently, and improve processes for meeting future requests. Designs, writes course content and teaches training classes and workshops to provide users with numerous support tools and functions. Reviews training effectiveness to implement improvements. Teaches courses and workshops on educational topics and application features, providing expertise for tools based on users' needs. Meets with faculty to identify key learning objectives for courses; devises a plan for how to design the content and make it available online. Conducts individual and departmental consultations to provide teaching suggestions for meeting required outcomes. Develops and writes step-by-step documents, videos and web-based guides to support the user community and promote self-service. Utilizes web development software to upload Emory-specific guides and service resources. Writes and edits self-help documentation and videos for the UTS knowledge management system. Analyzes and tests system upgrades to identify issues and upgrade inconsistencies. Analyzes and tests QA environments and system patches to make preparations for deployment to production. Analyzes and tests upgrades to ensure application functionality and stability. Performs related responsibilities as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor's degree and one year of instructional, academic technology support or related experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
BACKGROUND: The Task Force for Global Health is an Emory University affiliate located in Decatur, GA. Its thirteen programs focus on building durable public health systems that serve all people. Focus areas include neglected tropical diseases, vaccines, and health systems strengthening. The Task Force received the 2016 Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize–the world's largest award of its kind–in recognition of its extraordinary contributions to alleviating human suffering
● Acts as a resource and trainer for organization-wide applications; primarily Concur or other similar platforms.
● Provides support to organization-wide standard applications
● Collaborates with IT business analyst and application support staff to design, configure, implement, maintain, and support applications
● Collaborates with IT help desk team on IT projects
● Develops/writes/produces/maintains instruction documents, videos, and web-based guides to promote user self-service
● Collaborates with the Academy team on managing the documentation and producing training materials
● Analyzes customer requests and determines best courses of action, resolves issues, answers questions efficiently, and improves IT applications and services processes to achieve the highest efficiency and user satisfaction
● Provides on-call and after-hours support emergency situations and application problems affecting a large number of users
● Builds and updates web pages
● Experience in supporting and using SAP Concur or other similar platforms.
● Is enthusiastic in learning about technology/applications, writing/producing training documents/videos, and ensuring users have the best user experience.
● Ability to interact with both internal staff and external customers with diplomacy and tact