Reporting to the Chief Performance Officer of Enterprise Performance and Data Analytics, produces monthly and quarterly financial performance and management reporting for the CFO.
- Leverages business intelligence and visualization tools to facilitate timely and accurate financial management reporting.
- Oversees and assists in the design and development of financial reporting leveraging internal and external data, business intelligence tools and statistical and analytical techniques.
- Enhances and continuously improves management reporting.
- Provides reports and presents to key audiences to assist with financial reporting and operational decision making.
- Applies forecasting and scenario based analysis and tools to inform business decisions and performance insights.
- Simplifies and effectively explains esoteric financial and business performance data to benefit CFO, Emory Leadership, and Board of Trustees decision making.
- Presents the story that the data is telling.
- Projects into the future, weighs various scenarios and customizes complex theoretical information to produce proactive insights on key metrics and business questions.
- Partners effectively with the Controller's office,
- Treasury and key stakeholders to anticipate questions about enterprise cash flow and financial projections to provide preemptive answers to the CFO and Emory Leadership.
- Provides decision support for special projects and initiatives.
- Approaches problems from different perspectives to suggest and implement solutions.
- Liases with the University Budget Office to report on the financial performance of the University Strategic Plan.
- Supports Enterprise Performance Metric Reporting and completes timely and accurate ad hoc financial reporting requests.
Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field and 7 years of financial planning and analysis, cash management, and/or budgeting experience preferably in a business environment.
- MBA preferred.
- Supervisory/managerial experience.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Banner, Workday or other ERP systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Prefer experience obtaining data directly from data warehouses using SQL, not simply through a present reporting GUI.
- Strong understanding of and experience with financial management reporting (non-GAAP) best practices and of financial data.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Experience with applying forecasting and scenario analytical tools and methodologies to inform business decisions and performance insights.
- Adept at using logic and reasoning to work through complex problems and analyze information.
- Strong business partnering and interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a story with data.