- Supervises and manages the day-to-day intervention program operations for either children or adults with autism or with typical development.
- Develops schedules for program curriculum and assessment.
- Advises parents and/or caregivers on the participant's progress and prepares parents and/or caregivers to use specialized teaching techniques at home and/or within their community.
- Supervises the implementation of individualized treatment plans and maintains data on program parameters and targeted behaviors for use in program and progress evaluations.
- Interviews, hires, trains and supervises assistant teachers, interns, practicum students and/or volunteers.
- Implements structured staff training program that prepare assistants in complex teaching and assessment techniques, develops staff schedules, and leads weekly staff meetings.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures. Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A bachelor's degree in early childhood education, psychology, special education or a related field, and one year of experience with children or adults with special needs and their families or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Child Development Associate (CDA) or Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) certification preferred.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed