Assist with the planning, managing, reporting, and implementing the PeopleSoft Academic Advisement System (PSAA). Responsible for requirement writing within PeopleSoft, reviewing audit revisions and updates from disciplinary college/department staff, and problem solving related to PSAA. Work closely with the Associate Registrar, Degree Audit to improve and enhance audits for students, advisors, and university-level constituents.
- Understands the basic PeopleSoft system interconnectivity and relationships between analytical tools and system structure and design.
- Performs analysis, detailed coding testing, and documentation building for PSAA
- Produces basic operational queries and reports as well as documentation regarding queries and reports
- Experience in a production support environment with strong problem-solving and analytical skills to be able to perform detailed root cause analysis and resolution. Attention to detail and able to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Support the Associate Registrar, Degree Audit in projects for improvements, enhancements, and maintenance of the PSAA application
- Must have ability to provide excellent customer service by responding to requests from and provide support to others in a professional, accurate, and timely manner.
Competencies and Skills Utilized:
- Proven ability to learn/adapt to new technology to address existing and emergent information needs and related student services.
- Thorough knowledge of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions; specifically, the Student Records and Academic Advisement modules.
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally and collaboratively with diverse constituencies including faculty, administrators, staff and students; and to be an effective team member within the office and university community.
- Must be extremely detail- and procedure-oriented, well-organized, highly principled, motivated, hardworking, and have excellent systems-oriented and customer service skills.
- Expertise in Registrar’s office best practices, policy compliance, student systems and maintenance; process documentation, data mapping, analysis, management, and reporting.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts, practices, and protocols to a non-technical audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience programming a degree audit system.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a related field is required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Five years of position specific subject matter knowledge and/or experience in planning and applying information technology to one or more business functions OR a bachelor's degree and three years of position specific subject matter knowledge and/or experience in planning and applying information technology to one or more business functions.