Working within the Technology and Systems Support, this position facilitates the use of enterprise wide academic systems within the various student offices at Emory University. Within the TSS team, roles and responsibilities shift with functional needs and new implementation projects. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, internal business process and efficiency review, workflow modeling, training and documentation production, system setup and maintenance, external business process and efficiency review, maintains student records data integrity by researching problems and production issues, conducting root cause analyses, and offering viable recommendations for resolution, and support of various systems leading schools towards determined goals.
- Analyze business processes, procedures, and functions, organizational structures, data collection forms and methods, workflow, and degree audit requirements to determine suitability for automated data processing methods.
- Support the strategic planning and business process needs of the University and its individual departments in conjunction with analysts and manager of Enrollment Services Student Information systems team.
- Document functional specifications and recommend technical solutions for business processing to include: narratives; business requirements gathering and verification; implementation and ongoing support.
- Articulate business process design and user interface using principles of workflow modeling: block diagrams, flow charts, decision tables, input/output requirements, and record and form layouts.
- Assist in the designing, configuring, developing, testing, and implementing of approved applications, including web forms, interfaces, etc.
- Applying standardized procedures for the preparation, execution, and validation of enhancements and new functionality in any supporting systems to ensure quality control.
- Test and debug applications to verify accuracy and Execute user acceptance testing and procedures.
- Communicate and coordinate with business decision makers to ensure accurate understanding and acceptance of systems and technology services supported by the Office of the Registrar
- Prepare and maintain forms, documentation, and manuals as needed for effective implementation, maintenance, and continued operation of applications inside the Office of the Registrar as well to the community at large.
- Prepare and participate in internal and external user training and education as needed.
- Communicate with other University data systems, professional organizations, vendors, and user groups to ensure ongoing technical competence, evolution, and innovation.
- Ensures that required interfaces with other systems and internal and external organizations are tested and maintained.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS UTILIZED
- Three years of position specific subject matter knowledge and/or experience in planning and applying information technology to one or more business functions OR a bachelor's degree and three years of position specific subject matter knowledge and/or experience in planning and applying information technology to one or more business functions.
- Demonstrate understanding of relational databases and student information systems (ex. PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Banner, etc.)
- Ability to design workflow models
- Ability to diagnose & troubleshoot application errors
- Project planning
- FERPA compliance, adherence, and enforcement
- Analytical and problem solving
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communications, and effective written communications.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group - executives, managers, subject matter experts, students and faculty
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Five years of position specific subject matter knowledge and/or experience in planning and applying information technology to one or more business functions OR a bachelor's degree and three years of position specific subject matter knowledge and/or experience in planning and applying information technology to one or more business functions.