General (50% of time)
The Business Manager of the new GBS BizHub will assist in improving productivity of the organization by consolidating the administrative tasks of various areas to create economies of scale, by solving problems for those served and to allow program faculty and staff to focus more on the student experience and program outcomes. The activities of the BizHub could range from:
- Assists in coordinating, providing input for, monitoring and improving business operational activities.
- Assists in planning, implementing and evaluating a variety of activities and special projects affecting area's operations.
- Coordinates or assists in preparing departmental budgets and forecasts of future budget requirements.
- Negotiates new and renewal contracts with suppliers (primarily catering contracts)
- Directs logistical and clerical support activities, and coordinates specific data collection efforts and special projects.
- May supervise staff.
- Managing copy service projects via the GBS Copy Center or small jobs through local printers
- Compile class material packages
- Schedule space for meetings and events and support/collaborate with the GBS Event Manager
- Coordinate catering contracts
- Produce financial reports as requested
- Book travel arrangements
- Schedule meetings
- Serve as an ambassador at supported GBS events to welcome guests, support registrations and support the designated event manager as needed
- Serve as a reliable point of contact for those seeking support from the BizHub
- Complete purchase requisitions, expense reports, payment requests with high accuracy
- Develop and maintain project documentation for repeatable events
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
Goizueta IMPACT Support (50% of time)
Support all administrative aspects of the Goizueta IMPACT project-based experiential learning programs. This innovative curriculum spans all five MBA degree programs at Goizueta Business School and includes significant external relations in addition to management and execution of events and other more traditional administrative support. The activities expected to be covered for IMPACT:
- Plan and execute several annual events, working with the Goizueta IMPACT Associate Dean and Program Director. Events include (but are not limited to) Project Reveal Night, Client Onboarding, Project Immersion Bootcamp, Client Breakfasts, Reality Checks for all five programs, Day 1 Challenge final exam in BUS500 course, and Goizueta IMPACT Showcase. Event management includes everything from room bookings, coordinating with facilities / services, catering, ordering all promotional materials, securing resources to provide additional “day of” support, anticipating and resolving issues, executing all “day of” activities.
- Manage budget, invoicing, processing invoices and expense payments.
- Prepare materials for IMPACT360 faculty meetings and other
- Support IMPACT faculty servicing nine course equivalents on various aspects of course ranging from organizing course materials throughout semesters (year-round) booking travel / hotel for speakers, scheduling panelists, sending logistics notes, providing hospitality, ordering and organizing gifts for clients, etc.
- Handle all expense receipts for IMPACT program office including all business development activities, travel and entertainment.
- Manage all Goizueta IMPACT merchandise and marketing inventory.
- Appropriate level of energy to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to details and organization
- Excellent time management skills
- Emotional / social intelligence to solve problems for various colleagues
- Work consultatively and collaboratively to implement process change
- Skillful in active listening and follow-through
- Positive influence on others with a “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrated accountability to colleagues for agreements and commitments
- Demonstrate professionalism, natural ease and ability to interact positively with all levels
- Strong desire to exceed expectations
- Support the collaborative team environment by partnering with other administrative staff through workflow, partnership and teamwork to support all team needs
- Work cooperatively with other team members to complete tasks and to ensure unified delivery of services
- Build strong relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams