Independently performs a wide range of highly technical and complex research and laboratory tests and procedures.
Job responsibilities include:
- Performs a variety of molecular virology techniques including cloning, restriction digestion, ligation, gel electrophoresis, sequencing, RT-PCR
- Performs cell culture, RSV viral infection and titration, protein quantification using Western blotting
- Performs a variety of immunologic assays including ELISAs, neutralizing antibody assays, ADCC assays, and cytokine analysis
- Performs experiments in BALB/c mice involving infection with RSV and analysis of immune responses
- Contributes to the design and planning of the above experiments
- Contributes to data analysis of the above experiments using software such as Microsoft Excel and GraphPad Prism
- Contributes to laboratory maintenance and supply ordering
- Contributes to grants, presentations, and/or manuscript publications as appropriate
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in a scientific field and four years of research experience, OR equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.