Reporting to the Vice President for Government Affairs, the AVP for Social Impact Innovation serves as a member of the Communications and Public Affairs leadership team and plays a key role in the development and implementation of integrated marketing and communications strategies for Emory University.
- Coordinates, inspires, and demonstrates how the university contributes in a responsible and leading way to social impact on campus, in Atlanta, across the state and nation, and in global communities.
- Through the creation of this position, Emory will coordinate, inspire, focus, measure and communicate its social value as one university.
- Primary responsibilities include managing and advancing Emory's brand and strategic messaging through a dynamic, fully integrated, central marketing and communications program that includes enterprise social responsibility strategy, planning, reporting and awareness.
- Serves at the hub of existing efforts, recommend gaps that need to be filled, defines and helps express social responsibility in its broadest context.
- Provides support to any existing or new information systems that track and promote engagement.
- Social responsibility or impact at Emory can and should be viewed as a broad set of disciplines working in tandem and held to high standards; supports colleagues and initiatives in areas such as:
- community and civic engagement
- campus operations and organizational best practices
- research and academic offerings
- report development.
Performs other duties as required.
- A bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or related field and 7 years of experience in higher education communications and marketing.
- A master's degree in a related field is highly preferred.