Detailed Job Description
Reporting to the Program Director, the D-ABSN Program Administrator will serve as the liaison between students, faculty, and administration for the Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing’s (NHWSN) D-ABSN Education Program. Working in partnership with other NHWSN departments, the D-ABSN Program Administrator will collect and analyze data related to student satisfaction, program evaluation, operational competencies, and budgetary efficiency which will help influence the NHWSN administration’s strategic planning.
In collaboration with the D-ABSN Program Administration and Office of Education will ensure the highest quality of educational excellence is delivered to achieve outcomes that are significant and distinctive through strategic planning and the evaluation of program deliverables on a continuous basis.
The D-ABSN Program Administrator will serve as the primary support person for the D-ABSN Program Director. This includes (but not limited to): calendar management, event planning for onsite sessions, recording meeting minutes, drafting correspondences, developing promotional materials, tracking clinical placements, managing clinical database, coordinating room reservations, coordinating hotel reservations, coordinating student transportation, verifying records, expense reports, budgetary tracking, clinical compliance monitoring, serving as a resource to D-ABSN Assistant Director, faculty, and students, and various tasks related to document preparation and organization.
- Serves as the primary point person for D-ABSN applicants and student questions or inquiries. Responds to applicant and student requests in a timely manner.
- Works to de-escalate and resolve student issues when possible; coordinates and communicates escalated students issues with faculty and administration as necessary.
- Communicates with and distributes information to each D-ABSN cohort via listserv and other NHWSN communication platforms.
- Reviews and verifies student records and assists with student registration. Assists with and maintains records related to pre- and post-admission requirements, compliance, progression, and graduation. Communicates with students and clinical placement institutions.
- Coordinates students’ requests for appeals and deferments with D-ABSN Program Director and Office of Admissions and Office of Enrollment and Student Affairs.
- Serves as D-ABSN program’s onsite liaison under the direction of the D-ABSN Program Director. Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Coordinates dashboard reports, credential reports and logs as related to student compliance.
- Maintains and updates the D-ABSN Program dashboard report with data related to student satisfaction, performance, pass rates, diversity/inclusion, trends, enrollment statistics, and additional information as requested by D-ABSN Program Director and NHWSN Administration.
- Maintains and updates D-ABSN Program task calendar.
- Collaborates with the Office of Admissions on D-ABSN Program enrollment goals and strategies. Provides admissions and enrollment reports to D-ABSN Program Director.
- Collaborates with Director of Clinical Partner Relations and Placement on D-ABSN compliance correspondence and strategies. Provides compliance reports to D-ABSN Program Director and Assistant Director.
- Coordinates applicant interviews and/or correspondence with D-ABSN Program Director.
- Maintains and updates correspondence in BOX to include but not limited to budget, applicant correspondence, program correspondence, and other written and electronic documents.
- Responds to applicant correspondence and communication and provides follow-up in a timely manner.
- Coordinates replacement for vacations and time off to ensure normal function of day-to-day operations.
- Tracks faculty time off and provides report to D-ABSN Program Director as needed.
- Tracks and assists in developing action and/or goal setting plans for D-ABSN students who require additional support.
- Coordinates D-ABSN faculty meetings, including agenda preparation/distribution, recording of minutes, and supports D-ABSN Program Director in meeting moderation.
- Supports D-ABSN Program Director with administrative tasks related to day-to-day operations of the D-ABSN Program.
- Tracks and maintains various organizational membership correspondence for faculty and affiliations related to the D-ABSN Program.
- Assists with securing and tracking affiliation agreements.
- Assists with development and tracking of reports to meet State Authorization & State Board of Nursing requirements.
- Serves as a liaison between the D-ABSN Program and other NHWSN departments.
- Provides support to D-ABSN faculty on NHWSN strategic planning and goals.
- Represents D-ABSN Program at Office of Education recurring meetings.
- Tracks and communicates any changes or updates related to D-ABSN Education.
- Supports the D-ABSN Program Director in the preparation of project status reports, informational sessions, web updates, and other marketing strategies.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for distance faculty to the Atlanta area for on-site sessions and reconciles faculty and student travel documents in a timely manner.
- Plans, manages, and communicates various D-ABSN events including but not limited to: student orientation, onsite intensives, award ceremonies, end of program events, and faculty meetings and luncheons.
- Is onsite for all Atlanta-based campus sessions. Develops D-ABSN schedules and plans events with budget and safety goals in mind.
Interdepartmental Collaboration and Development
- Attends developmental training as required.
- Serves as a D-ABSN Program representative in monthly staff meetings and other NHWSN engagements.
- Actively participates in D-ABSN events such as ceremonies, lectures, outings, and retreats as necessary.
- Collaborates with Simulation Center and other departments to ensure appropriate supplies and resources are available for student learning.
Bachelor's degree in a field related to the program and two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Experience in customer service highly preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities and deadlines
- Creative, energetic, and confident
- Passion for learning and acquiring new skills
- Team player, student-centered, and socially responsible
- Analytical and strategic thinker
- Computer skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Aptitude for math, negotiation, and motivation to achieve high quality outcomes